新东方在线唐静讲考研翻译技巧:省略法

作者:唐静 来源:新东方在线 时间:2009-04-14 21:23

英语翻译技巧——省略法

一、从语法角度来看

(一)省代词

1.省略作主语的人称代词

(1)省略作主语的人称代词

I had many wonderful ideas, but I only put a few into practice.
我有很多美妙的想法,但是只把少数付诸实践了。

He was thin and haggard and he looked miserable.
他瘦弱憔悴,看上去一副可怜相。

(2)英语中,泛指人称代词作主语时,即使是作第一个主语,在汉语译文中往往也可以省略。

We live and learn.
活到老,学到老。

When will he arrive?-You can never tell.
他什么时候到?--说不准。

The significance of a man is not in what he attained but rather in what he longs to attain.
人生的意义不在于已经获取的,而在于渴望得到什么样的东西。

新东方:2010考研英语三步搞定翻译及难句>>

新东方:2010考研英语拆分与组合翻译法>>

2.省略作宾语的代词

The more he tried to hide his mistakes, the more he revealed them.
他越是想要掩盖他的错误,就越是容易暴露。

Please take off the old picture and throw it away.
请把那张旧画取下来扔掉。

3.省略物主代词

I put my hand into my pocket.
我把手放进口袋。

She listened to me with her rounded eyes.
她睁大双眼,听我说话。

(二)代词it的省略

Outside it was pitch dark and it was raining cats and dogs.
外面一团漆黑,大雨倾盆。

He glanced at his watch; it was 7:15.
他一看表,是七点一刻了。

It took me a long time to reach the hospital.
我花了很长时间才到了医院。

It is the people who are really powerful.
人民才是最强大的。

(三)省略连接词

He looked gloomy and troubled.
他看上去有些忧愁不安。(省略并列连接词)

As it is late, you had better go home.
时间不早了,你最好回家去吧。(省略表示原因的连接词)

If sinter comes, can spring be far behind?
冬天来了,春天还会远吗?(省略表示条件的连接词)

If I had known it, I would not have joined in to.
早知如此,我就不参加了。(省略表示条件的连接词)

John rose gloomily as the train stopped, for he was thinking of his ailing mother.
火车停了,约翰郁郁地站了起来,因为他想起了病中的母亲。(省略表示时间的连接词)

  

猜你喜欢

阅读排行榜

    沪江考研微信 沪江考研微信