Section I Structure and Vocabulary
Beneath each of the following sentences, there are four choices marked [A], [B], [C] and [D]. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Mark your answer on ANSWER SHEET 1 by blackening the corresponding letter in the brackets with a pencil. (5 points)
I have been to the Great Wall three times ________ 1979.
The sentence should read, "I have been to the Great Wall three times since 1979." Therefore, you should choose [D]
[A] [B] [C] [■]
1. As I'll be away for at least a year, I'd appreciate ________ from you now and then telling me how everyone is getting along.
[B] to hear
[C] to be hearing
[D] having heard
2. Greatly agitated, I rushed to the apartment and tried the door, ________ to find it locked.
3. Doctors see a connection between increase amounts of leisure time spent ________ and the increased number of cases of skin cancer.
[A] to sunbathe
[B] to have sunbathed
[C] having sunbathed
4. Unless you sign a contract with the insurance company for your goods, you are not entitled ________ a repayment for the goods damaged in delivery.
5. On a rainy day I was driving north through Vermont ________ I noticed a young man holding up a sign reading "Boston".
6. Christie stared angrily at her boss and turned away, as though ________ out of the office.
[C] to go
[D] would go
7. The roles expected ________ old people in such a setting give too few psychological satisfactions for normal happiness.
8. Talk to anyone in the drug industry, ________ you'll soon discover that the science of genetics is the biggest thing to hit drug research since penicillin was discovered.
9. It wasn't so much that I disliked her ________ that I just wasn't interested in the whole business.
10. Countless divorced politicians would have been elected out of office years ago had they even thought of a divorce, let alone ________ one.
[B] to get
- 新概念英语第一册Lesson 1 Excuse me